Monday, September 1, 2008

Glen Campbell LIVE!

PhotobucketSo our favorite album at the office right now is the new Glen Campbell! We can't get enough of it! I know that, at first glance that may not seen too power-pop, but hey, did you know that BOTH Jason Falkner and Roger Manning Jr. play on it? They do!

Not Lamer Stephen sent Bruce an email about the joy of seeing Glen live! Check it out!

***


To some, it may seem 'unhip' that I went and saw Glen Campbell last night at the Troubador in West Hollywood. But the show itself was one of the most anticipated shows around, it was sold out and people were jealous that eight of us at Super D had recieved free tickets to this show! I even saw Clem Burke, the drummer from Blondie outside trying to get in but couldn't (or at least at the time I was outside). Two co-workers think they saw Billy Bob Thornton at the bar. I am sure that there were plenty of celebrities there since it was mostly an industry type show.

Glen has a brand new album out that finds him covering some surprising material in his own glorious way. The album is great and seeing the man perform live was incredible. The last time I saw Glen live was when I was 7 or 8 years old, so this was a big deal for me! He's always been a favorite of mine...

So, I decided to search on YouTube to see if anyone had filmed the show and posted clips on the 'net. Yup, someone did! I even think I saw the person that filmed this. We were standing about 10 feet to the right of whoever filmed this, so these two clips are pretty similar to our point of view. Enjoy!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home